For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Landmark Systems Limited, 6 Swan Court, Station Road, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20 1RL.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in any information on our site www.landmarksystems.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Landmark Systems Limited or report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your enquiries; and
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users´ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to
- customise our site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
2A COOKIES WE USE
The cookies we use originate from Google or Google Analytics for the purpose of storing your Google preferences, tracking and targeting and helping us to count how many people visit our site.
|1P_JAR||Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes||1 month|
|NID||Used to store your Google preferences and used by the Google Recaptcha service the website uses on forms.||6 months|
|CONSENT||Used to store your Google preferences and used by the Google Recaptcha service the website uses on forms.||19 years|
|DV||Used to store your Google preferences and used by the Google Recaptcha service the website uses on forms.||24 hours|
|_ga||Google Analytics||This helps us count how many people visit www.landmarksystems.co.uk by tracking if you’ve visited before.||2 years|
|_gid||Google Analytics||This helps us count how many people visit www.landmarksystems.co.uk by tracking if you’ve visited before.||24 hours|
|_gat||Google Analytics||This helps us count how many people visit www.landmarksystems.co.uk by tracking if you’ve visited before.||24 hours|
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. If you believe, or reasonably suspect, that your password is known to someone else, you should immediately inform us so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use our best endeavours and strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to enable us to provide you with the best service possible;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Where applicable, to provide access to privileged and/or restricted areas of our site and to provide you with additional information relevant to you; and
- To notify you about changes to our service, and to monitor and improve our site.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e–mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry made to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we, or they, will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We may agree to third party advertising being placed on our site. The advertisements that appear will be delivered to you, on our behalf, by our web advertising partners. Information about your visits to our site, such as the number of times you have viewed an advertisement (but NOT your name, address or other personal details) is used to serve such third party advertisements.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties on the following basis:
- If it is necessary to do so in order to adequately provide the services to you;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Landmark Systems Limited is, or substantially all of its assets are, acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
Site Visitor Tracking
This site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interactions. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our website and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you. GA also records your internet connections IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google does not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 7).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 6 Swan Court, Station Road, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20 1RL or at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
DATA PROTECTION REGISTRATION
In the UK, we operate, and are registered, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
You always have the right to opt–out of subscribing to our site, and to receiving emails and newsletters from us. If you wish to opt–out, please send an email requesting to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open 5 days a week Mon – Fri.
9.00am to 5.30pm.
6 Swan Court
Tel : 01798 877100
Fax : 01798 875392