The Management of Landmark Systems recognises its responsibilities to the environment, its customers, supplies, staff and to the wider community. We recognise that our activities impact on the environment and we aim to minimise the impact by taking a responsible approach to energy, wastage and our business processes. Our principles include: –
Training and Skills Development
The company will encourage any safety or medical training as may be deemed beneficial to the individual or to the company. The company will respond positively to requests from employees for either or both i) an absence from work to study or ii) financial assistance where an employee wishes to gain additional training or qualifications which will be of benefit to all stakeholders.
The company responds positively to requests from local schools or exhibitor related shows to supply hardware or consultation for the education of young people.
The company supports re-cycling in the following ways and employees are encouraged to come forward with ideas to reduce unnecessary waste. For example:
- Waste separation and reduction
- Paper re-cycled for printing, printing unnecessary documents discouraged on email footer template
- Responsible disposal of technical equipment/hardware by donating to employees, stakeholders, charitable organisations and community groups.
The company seeks to reduce its carbon consumption on an ongoing basis.
- Our staff desktop computers have largely been replaced with laptops which have a lower electricity consumption.
- The majority of our client and prospect communication is now via email, thus saving paper and postage.
- We look to deliver sales presentations and customer training sessions online and remotely where possible, to reduce staff mileage and fuel consumption.
- We have an increasing number of employees using shared (bus ,train or car) transport and bicycles and we continue to encourage this.
The company takes a responsible approach to the use of energy in the office.
- Landmark responds to requests whether financial or time-related from community focused groups.
- Landmark takes a proactive attitude to local business development by assisting with rural business awards schemes.
- Landmark responds positively to charitable organisations needing office reso Our boardroom has been used for both charity meetings and local training courses, free of charge.
- Landmark aims to support employees with their own choice of charity by sponsorship and encouraging training for physical activities eg. long distance cycling, marathons etc.
Landmark assesses each individual applicant according to skills and aptitude for a job regardless of race, gender, religion or disability.
Health and Wellbeing
The company realises that its people (employees) are its greatest asset and therefore it provides whatever support is appropriate and practical to ensure the well-being of its staff and their families.